Saturday, December 22, 2018

How to Make Nourishing Herbal Infusions

In my last Note on this sort of topic I shared with you about the joys of sitting on the porch with my wife and drinking herbal teas. I also shared with you about how to prepare medicinal teas. In today's note I said I would cover how to make Nourishing Herbal Infusions.

Each night before I go to bed I put my#teapot on the stove until it whistles and then pour it over 1 ounce of dried herb in a quart jar. I then set it on the breakfast table and go to bed. When I wake up the following morning I strain and then enjoy.

That my friend is how I make Nourishing Herbal Infusions.

A tea is made by using a little bit of an herb steeped for a short period of time but a Nourishing Herbal Infusion is made with a lot of herb steeped for at minimum 4 hours or overnight.

Susun Weed the Voice of the Wise Woman Tradition says …

“A cup of nettle tea, for instance, contains only 5-10 mg of #calcium, while a cup of nettle infusion contains up to 500 mg of calcium.”

My wife and I make Nourishing Herbal Infusions using #nettle, oatstraw, red clover and comfrey leaf. Never at the same time! 1 herb per infusion per day.

My wife has found that Nourishing Herbal Infusions have been very beneficial to her in dealing with her Lupus.

Learning how to prepare Medicinal#Teas and Nourishing Herbal Infusion is a great way to start your journey into the world of all things herbal.

Sister Abigail Hester

No comments:

Post a Comment